Sew Much to Pack

I slept really well last night, and stayed that way until almost noon today. When I finally got out of bed, I packed things up and headed home to clean up a bit before Josh came over to check out his laptop I had repaired for him. Both hungry, we went to Denny’s for a late lunch and chatted for quite a while. The food was really good, but also really slow to come out, so it was fortunate we were just killing time being social.

When he dropped me back off at home, I took a shower and then played some¬†Rocket League with him once he got home. We did pretty well until we didn’t, and I still don’t have a placement in ranked duos yet. Once we lost a couple games, he was ready to call it quits for the day, so I decided to sew up the mismade velcro patch on my new backpack. I felt like I did a pretty good job on it, but as I was trying to tie a knot to finish the whole project, the thread got caught up in something, and I ended up having to just cut off all of the excess without knotting it properly. I don’t think it’ll be a problem though, since the whole thing just gets tied up in the hooks of the velcro.

I spent quite a while unpacking all of my old daily cary stuff and sort through the new swag to decide what I wanted to put in the pack. I’m still not completely sold on how I have it arranged, but it’ll do for now. I’ll probably make some changes once I’ve had a chance to use it at work for a while. I was mostly surprised to see there wasn’t any organization for pens, or any small, vertical pouches.

Summer finally got back into town after her quiz bowl tournament, picked Eaddie up, then came over for a bit before having to run home to get Eaddie showered and changed into some new clothes. Summer passed out as soon as they got back and had a bite to eat, and Eaddie started watching Arrow while I cleaned up from all of my packing.

So I guess I collect koozies now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *