On Waiting and Support

I got up an extra hour early this morning to pick up the girls and head to Little Rock for Autumn’s surgery. There was hardly any traffic until it came up from behind us halfway past Conway, but we made it with plenty of time to spare. None of us ate anything to keep from being unfair to Autumn, but Eaddie and I wished we had left for lunch at some point during our six hour waiting room session. I didn’t even get to go back for the anesthetic because they considered Eaddie an “adult” and only two could go back. Summer’s parents eventually showed up and waited with us, but they could just as well have showed up right at the end to take her home.

Eaddie and I played on our phones for most of the morning. I took a break to get Jerry a Diet Coke and walk around the gift shop for a while where I picked up a little yeti pen for Autumn. Otherwise it was a completely uneventful day in the waiting room. We even had to wait forever for them to bring Autumn down once they were ready to discharge her. Eaddie started to get cranky from being so tired and hungry, but we eventually started hunting burgers. Autumn went home with her grandparents, so Summer, Eaddie, and I went by Cotham’s to see if they were open.

Evidently they’re popular enough that they can pay rent just being open for lunch, so then it was across town to Big Orange Burger. I had never been to the midtown location, but it seemed really cool. The service was definitely nowhere near as good, but the food was fine. Eaddie was convinced she had never had a better burger in her life, but part of that may have been how hungry she had gotten.

We stopped by the liquor store on the way home to stock up before new year’s eve. Then it was straight to get Autumn back to my house. I started some laundry and we watched Home Alone. About halfway through, Autumn got to feeling pretty hungry so I made a Baconator run. We finished the movie, Summer passed out, and the girls settled in for the night. Autumn wasn’t complaining about pain or discomfort, so that was a win in my book.

I don’t understand why nobody else cared about getting the old tendon back. How often do you get a chance to make a ham bone soup with a piece of yourself?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *