I went in on the Grom today, and I could tell it was going to be a hot day by how bright it was. We had a little meeting, and then Thomas asked for help cleaning up the shop talk. I was left alone to manufacture flash drives all day, but I kept running into errors on my laptop. Fortunately I had my new Windows 11 desktop ready to pump some out.

Zach wanted to split lunch into two groups today just in case our FedEx truck showed up. I went with him, Greg, and Thomas to Brangus at noon, and the truck showed up right after I got back. I got to take the forklift out again, which is always fun. Then the guys took everything downstairs to try and image.

We haven’t purchased Bytespeed computers since before I started, so I figured this was going to be a struggle. To my surprise, they actually imaged with the drivers we already had loaded, so it wasn’t too much extra work. The only trick was to use the manufacture date in place of the serial number when setting the hostnames.

At the end of the day, I chatted with Thomas for a bit about the school board, and he invited me to come hang out in the sound booth with him any time. I think that will be a good way to get my feet wet without sitting awkwardly in the crowd.

I sat down for a bit when I got home before calling Eaddie to see if she wanted to swim. I thought Summer and Autumn were in Conway, so I wanted to give her a chance to get out of the house. Evidently Summer had just left to take Autumn to karate and then hit the gym, but to my surprise, Eaddie actually wanted to swim. We headed to my parents’ house and jumped straight into the pool. The water felt great, and we swam around and chatted for quite a while.

When we got out, Mom offered some leftovers and Eaddie decided on some shrimp and sweet potato fritters. I cleaned up some old beef and rice, and then we headed back home. Eaddie wanted a strawberry Frosty, but Wendy’s said they were out. We ended up going back to an ice cream truck by the railroad tracks. I got a strawberry pineapple Dole Whip, and paid an arm and a leg for it.

Back at the house, Autumn was sat in front of the TV while Summer cleaned up for bed. The girls watched YouTube while I caught up with Summer, and then everyone was off to bed.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *